Kershaw 3860 Oblivion Assisted Flipper Knife 3.5" Two-Tone 8Cr13MoV Spear Point Blade, Stonewashed Stainless Steel and Black GFN Handles
DescriptionKS3860: 3860 OblivionKershaw Knives TWO-PIECE FRONT HANDLE SCALE ADDS INTEREST, KEEPS THE LOOK CLEAN
The Oblivion is prepared to obliterate any cutting task in its path. With its industrial look, this modern-day folder is bound to impress in both style and performance.For design, the Oblivion combines stainless and glass-filled nylon inside a two-piece front side scale - quite difficult doing. What's more, since the Oblivion starts with SpeedSafe assisted opening, there needs to be a put for the SpeedSafe mechanism to go. Usually, it's found in a small, internal hollow in the handle. But to date, we have only placed that method in single-material handle machines. With the Oblivion, the very first time, we incorporated SpeedSafe in to a two-piece forward scale. The end result is just a unique "split profile" look, plus smooth, one-handed SpeedSafe opening.The Oblivion's substantial 3.5" blade of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel offers top efficiency, too. This quality steel takes a sharp advantage and re-sharpens easily when needed. And even though the Oblivion's cutting edge is fairly straight, it has adequate stomach to make it a reliable multi-tasking blade. The angular handle has been smoothed for a cushty grip and a small finger contour enhances grip even more.A sturdy frame lock protects the blade open for safe usage. We furthermore added an over-travel end to keep carefully the lock from going too far - or "over traveling" - when finishing. The Oblivion also features a reversible deep-carry pocket clip, or remaining or right-handed carry. A big, trapezoid-shaped lanyard hole adds to the aesthetics and makes it easy to secure a lanyard to modify your knife.Packed with features, the Oblivion shows what a contemporary flipper blade can be. A benefits price just renders the Oblivion sweeter.
- Flipper - can be utilized on either manual or assisted starting knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, to be able to move the blade easily out associated with the handle.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists your to open any SpeedSafe blade efficiently with a handbook push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw top vendors.
- Frame Lock - A portion associated with handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is usually a security feature of the blade.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the consumer to change either the tip position or the side-on which the knife carries.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Frame lock, lockbar over-travel stop
- Reversible deep-carry pocket clip (right/left tip-up)
- Lanyard hole, personalized pivot
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, bead-blasted & stonewashed finish
- Handle: Stainless steel, bead-blasted & stonewashed finish, glass-filled nylon inserts
- Blade Length: 3.5" (9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.6" (11.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 8.1" (20.6 cm)
- Weight: 5.1 oz. (146 g)