Kershaw 3450BW Les George Spline Assisted Flipper 2.9" Blackwashed Blade and Stainless Steel Handles
DescriptionKS3450BW: Spline Folding KnifeKershaw Knives What's a spline, anyway?
A spline is really a numeric work that can define a curve. And Kershaw’s Spline, designed by Les George, is just a knife with lots of curves.The first curve you’ll notice could be the heavy curve of the blade spine. Essentially, the blade is a modified drop point type of Les’ Mini Harpy, but slimmed down all over to make it a lightweight carry. Les added a top swedge to slim the knife and lowered the tip to enhance its cutting power. The Spline offers a great all-around advantage profile with excellent push-cutting capability.8Cr13MoV blade steel ensures the Spline’s blade takes and holds its edge, while Kershaw’s BlackWash finish gives it a matte finish and helps hide use scratches—because you will need it.The Spline’s handle is steel, also finished in BlackWash, with curves that fit into your hand and offer your index finger a secure curve to lock into while you run. The all-steel handles imply that the Spline furthermore provides you with a powerful frame lock.For fast and easy one-handed opening, just pull back once again on the flipper and also the Spline opens with Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening. The pouch clip try left/right reversible and there’s a handy lanyard hole.
- Flipper - May be made use of on either handbook or assisted starting knives. The “flipper” is a protruberance on the back of this blade that the user can pull back once again on, or flip, if you wish to move the knife easily out from the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe blade efficiently with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull right back on the flipper; constructed into numerous Kershaw best vendors.
- Frame Lock - A portion associated with handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This can be a safety feature of the blade.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle allow the individual to change either the tip position or even the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.9" (7.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 3.9" (9.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.8" (17.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: BlackWash
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 4.4 oz. (104.9 g)
- Designer: Les George